- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Viola Elizabeth Menz Moroni
ORAN, Mo. -- Viola Elizabeth Menz Moroni, 90, of Oran passed away Saturday, July 10, 2010, at the Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born April 22, 1920, in Oran, to Martin T. and Magdalene Halter Menz.
Viola was a machine operator for the International Hat Co. in Oran, Mo., and she later retired from Thorngate Ltd. in Chaffee, Mo.
She was a member of the Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, Mo., and she was in the St. Ann Sodality.
Viola married Felix J. Menz on Nov. 29, 1941, and he preceded her in death on Sept. 19, 1969.
She married Enzo Moroni on April 16, 1977, and he preceded her in death on Oct. 30, 1997.
She is survived by a son, Jerry (Jane) Menz of Sikeston, Mo.; two daughters, Shirlee (Don) Michelsen and Sharon (Tom) Brashear, all of Oran; a stepson, Mike (Sharon) Moroni of Advance, Mo.; seven grandchildren, David and Jason Menz; Sherri Grojean, Tony and Travis Brashear, Joseph and Gina Moroni; 12 great-grandchildren; three sisters, Evelyn Wagoner of Clinton, Mont., Mary Jane Oliver of St. Louis and Irlene Brucker of Bell City, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents; an infant son, Gerard; and a sister, Virginia Lenand.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. Parish prayers will be at 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
Funeral Mass will be at 9 a.m. Monday at Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.