- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Kathleen "Kay" Selle Hill, 82, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, July 8, 2010, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born April 21, 1928, in Fredericktown, Mo., daughter of Joseph and Elizabeth Blair Selle. She and Hartford E. Hill Jr. were married Aug. 5, 1950. He preceded her in death Dec. 17, 2001.
Kay graduated from Ursaline Academy at Arcadia, Mo., in 1946, and St. John's Hospital School of Nursing in St. Louis in 1949. Kay was employed at Saint Francis Hospital as a surgical nurse. She later co-owned and operated Hartford's Apparel 21 years with her husband, retiring in 1997.
Survivors include a son, Hartford "Jay" (Jana) Hill III of Kennesaw, Ga.; five daughters, Cris (David) Edwards of Jackson, Mary (Michael) Wallis of Lawrence, Kan., Janice Hill and Jeanne Shrum of Cape Girardeau, Judith (James) Rogers of Columbia, Mo.; seven grandchildren, Matthew (Abbie) Edwards of Jackson, Jessica Edwards of Chapel Hill, N.C., Amanda Shrum of Cape Girardeau, Jason and Kaley Hill of Kennesaw, Jason and Brandon Rogers of Columbia; and two great-grandchildren, Vance and Jillian Edwards of Jackson.
Kay was preceded in death by her parents; a sister, Joann Wulfers; and a brother, Joseph B. Selle.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
Graveside funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Cemetery. Karen Nothdurft of Centenary United Methodist Church will officiate.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Old St. Vincent's Church, 629 William St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63703, or the American Red Cross, Southeast Missouri Chapter, 2430 Myra Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.