- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jane Kathryn Garcia, 73, of Joliet, Ill., passed away Sunday, June 20, 2010, at Provena St. Joseph Medical Center in Joliet.
She was born Nov. 21, 1936, in Cape Girardeau, to the late Roscoe and Georgia Huckstep. She married Roland Spencer then later married Salvadore Garcia, who died in 1999.
Jane was a very outgoing, funny and loving person who loved gardening, canning, cooking, needlework and visiting with her family, special neighbors and friends.
Survivors include four children, Lesa, Mike, Carla and Darrell Spencer of Ohio; five stepsons, Ruben, Salvador Jr., Michael, Donald and Jerry Garcia; two stepdaughters, Juanita and Sharon, all of Joliet; four sisters, Judy Propst and Joan Foeste of Cape Girardeau, Janet Jones of Scott City, Margaret Wissmann of Jackson; four brothers, Joe, Jack and Jerrold Huckstep of Scott City, John Huckstep of Cape Girardeau; two sisters-in-law, Vera Martinez and Carmella Garcia of Joliet; many grandchildren; great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a stepdaughter, Rochelle; and two brothers, Jerry and James Huckstep.
A celebration of life service was held June 23 at Tezak Funeral Home in Joliet. Interment was in Woodlawn Cemetery in Joliet.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.