- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Sam McCoy, 77, of Olive Branch died Thursday, July 8, 2010, at his home.
He was born July 21, 1932, in Tamms, Ill., to General Lee and Lena Crider McCoy. He and Willa Fern Haslauer were married Sept. 16, 1951.
Sam served his country honorably in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict.
He was a self-employed appliance repairman more than 40 years.
Survivors include his wife, Willa Fern McCoy of Olive Branch; three sons, Lyle (Elizabeth) McCoy of Thebes, Ill., Kevin (Gerrie) McCoy of Aviano AFB, Italy, Shanon (Shelly) McCoy of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Renda (Jeff) Eggimann of Jackson, Tami Bernhardt of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren, Kathi (Bryan) Gosche, Jason O'Brien, Tyler Eggimann, Hannah Bernhardt, Jerad McCoy, Kenton Bernhardt, Nathan McCoy and Noah McCoy; a great-grandchild, Kayle Gosche; two brothers, Charles (Minnie) McCoy of Olive Branch, Ted (Glenda) McCoy of Jay, Okla.; two sisters, Emma (Ken) Stovall of Mesa, Ariz., and Sandra (Bob) Lindsey of Eldorado, Ill.; nieces, nephews and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two infant children, two sisters and three brothers.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday, and from noon until time of service Monday at Trinity Assembly of God Church in Olive Branch.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the church. Burial will be in Olive Branch Cemetery.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.