- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Blues sign goaltender Halak to four-year contract
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Blues have signed goaltender Jaroslav Halak to a four-year contract.
Terms of the deal announced Tuesday were not disclosed.
The 25-year-old Halak was acquired from Montreal on June 17 in a surprising trade after his stunning performance in the playoffs. He was 26-13-5 for the Canadiens last season, ranked fourth in the NHL with a .940 save percentage and ninth in goals against average (2.40).
Halak won a pair of Game 7s in the playoffs and helped Montreal, the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference, bounce heavily favored Washington and Pittsburgh out of the playoffs. He won three straight games and eliminated the Capitals by stopping 131 of 134 shots.
Also Tuesday, the Blues announced a one-year contract extension with forward Cam Janssen.
-- Associated Press