- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Nicholas Lloyd Bosecker, 14, of Mounds, formerly of Big Sandy, Tenn., passed away Sunday, July 4, 2010, from a swimming accident at Current River in Van Buren, Mo.
Nicholas was born July 15, 1995, at Carbondale, Ill., son of Lloyd A. "Bo" Bosecker and Linda Huey.
He attended school in Big Sandy, where he was active in baseball, basketball and 4-H. He recently completed his freshman year of school at Meridian High School in Mounds.
Survivors include his father and stepmother, Lloyd A. "Bo" Bosecker and Jill Bosecker of Mounds; his mother and stepfather, Linda and JR Markham of Big Sandy, Tenn.; his siblings, Lana Butler of Obion, Tenn., Brad Markham of Big Sandy; paternal grandparents, Lloyd and Karen Bosecker of Golconda, Ill., Michael and Dea Ann Crown of Mounds; paternal great-grandparents, Lloyd Bosecker of Louisiana and Albert and Lillan Bagby of Mounds; stepgrandparents, Jean Ryder and Doug Carrol of Tennessee; paternal uncles and aunts, Nicole (Steve) Martinez, John (Lisa) Bosecker, Steve and Lori Crow, Cindy and Doug Clark, Shelia Huey; and a host of cousins, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Minnie Lou and James Lee Huey, and great-grandparents, Susie and Pop Cravens.
Funeral services for Nicholas Lloyd Bosecker will be noon Wednesday, July 7, at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., with the Rev. Buddy Walls officiating.
Burial will follow in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge.
Visitation will be held from 9 a.m. to noon at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill.