- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Roger Lee Walker, 76, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, July 3, 2010, at his home.
He was born Sept. 20, 1933, at Collinsville, Texas, to James Bryan and Mae Graham Walker.
He and Reba Barker were married March 15, 1958, at Colorado Springs, Colo.
For more than 40 years he was a sheet metal mechanic and member and past president of Local 268 in Caseyville, Ill.
He was a member of Walnut Grove United Methodist Church in Cobden, Ill. He was also a member and past Master of Hiram Masonic Lodge 433 in Collinsville, Texas.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Crystal Cerny of Cape Girardeau and Trina Fear of Richardson, Texas; six grandchildren, Mark and Aaron Cerny of Cobden, Ill., Adam Cerny of Minneapolis, and James, Tracy and Suzanne Fear of Richardson, Texas; a sister, Virginia Malone of Fort Worth, Texas; numerous nieces and nephews and many friends.
He was preceded in death by both parents; a daughter, Tracy; and a brother.
A memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Walnut Grove United Methodist Church in Cobden, Ill., with the Rev. Bob Fear officiating.
Memorial contributions may be given to American Lung Association.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.