- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Evelyn E. Davis, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, July 2, 2010, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born April 22, 1926, in Cape Girardeau, to Ray and Eliza JoAnna Unger Sachse. She and John Edward Davis were married Dec. 24, 1943, in Cape Girardeau. He preceded Aug. 2, 2005.
She was a lifetime member of Lynwood Baptist Church. She and John owned Brown Shoes in the Town Plaza a number of years, before working in the bakeries at IGA and Del Farm stores.
Survivors include two daughters, Brenda L. Werkheiser of Euless, Texas, Gloria J. Wallace of Moberly, Mo.; a brother-in-law, Gary W. Davis of Bloomfield, Mo.; five grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and a son-in-law, Stanley Wallace.
Friends may call from 1 p.m. to service time Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Kevin Coffee officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be given to Lynwood Baptist Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.