- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Viola E. Schilling, 78, of Perryville died Thursday, July 1, 2010, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born July 2, 1931, in Sylvan Groves, Kan., daughter of the late Edwin Paul and Eleanore Dohl Stelling. She and Herbert Schilling were married June 22, 1952. He preceded her in death Nov. 7, 1986.
Survivors include two daughters, Caroline (Roy) Bronenkant of Frohna, Mo., Helen Brewer of Perryville; two sons, Dennis Stelling of Florissant, Mo., Darrel (Sheila) Schilling of Perryville; a brother, Delmar Stelling of Frohna; 16 grandchildren; and 28 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two daughters, LaWanda Stelling and Brenda Jenkins; a brother, Raymond Stelling; a sister, Evelyn Tucker; a grandson, Wallace J. Brewer; and a great-granddaughter, Katelynne M. Brewer.
Mrs. Schilling had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Perryville.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. today and 6:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Thomas Handrick officiating. Burial will be in Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Juvenile Diabetes.