- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Sowers to hold town hall meeting Wednesday in Cape
Democratic Congressional candidate Tommy Sowers will hold a town hall meeting next week in Cape Girardeau as part of his second campaign swing intended to put him in every 8th District county for a day.
The meeting, at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Indian Room of the University Center on the Southeast Missouri State University campus, will be a chance for the public to ask questions on any topic, Sowers' campaign manager said.
"We've said all along that this is the 'Show Me' part of the Show Me state, and a lot of people want to be asked for their vote," Jonathan Feifs said. "This is how a lot of voters want to interact with candidates."
Sowers will also be spending part of the weekend in Cape Girardeau and Jackson, including participation in a 5K run Sunday morning in Jackson and attending the July 4 festivities at Arena Park later in the day.
There will be town hall meetings in each of the 28 counties during the tour, which Sowers, a former U.S. Army major, is calling his "Boots on the Ground" tour.
388 N. Henderson Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO