- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Wilma L. Walker, 92, of Jackson died Tuesday, June 29, 2010, at Jackson Manor.
She was born Nov. 20, 1917, in Oak Ridge, daughter of James Shelton and Daisy Cowan Godwin. Wilma was married to Dean L. Walker Dec. 23, 1948. He preceded her in death March 14, 2005.
Wilma was a graduate of Jackson High School. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Jackson and had taught Sunday school and vacation Bible school several years.
She worked at International Shoe Co. and Farm Bureau in Jackson.
Survivors include two sons, Jim (Sally) Walker of Jackson, Joe (Pat) Walker of Potosi, Mo.; two sisters, Mary Belle (Ralph) Headrick of Jackson, Wanda (Cal) Woodall of St. Charles, Mo.; four grandchildren, Chase, Julie, and Jodie Walker, Lindsey (Adrian) Dawes; and a great-granddaughter, Ashlyn Dawes.
She was preceded in death by an infant son; four brothers, Raymond, Woodrow, Lyman, James Morrell; three sisters, Mildred, Hazel and Lela.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tommy Weems officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to First Baptist Church Multipurpose Building Fund or to Jackson High School Foundation Fund.