- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson Jr. Legion wins regular-season title
The Jackson Junior American Legion baseball team wrapped up the regular-season title and No. 1 seed in the district tournament by splitting with the Cape Girardeau Post 63 Plaza Tire team Tuesday.
Post 63 won the first game 2-1 in eight innings, but Jackson won the second game 7-5.
Logan Henson knocked in Austin Atchley with a single in the eighth inning to give Cape the victory in the opener.
Henson drove in the game-tying run with a sacrifice fly in the seventh inning.
Ethan Dambach earned the win with three innings of relief. He struck out five and walked one.
Adam Pennington started for Post 63 and went five innings, striking out seven.
Andrew D'Amico took the loss.
Steven Eddy went 3 for 4 with a triple and five RBIs in the second game to pace Jackson. Cole Blanton and Brian Sherrill both added two hits in the win.
Blanton earned the win, while D'Amico picked up the save for Jackson (18-6). Cape dropped to 15-11.
-- From staff reports