- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Israeli foreign minister: No Palestinian state by 2012
JERUSALEM -- Israel's foreign minister said there is "no chance" a Palestinian state will be established by 2012.
Avigdor Lieberman's comments Tuesday caused consternation among Palestinians and conflicts with a goal set out by international Mideast negotiators, who want a statehood deal by then.
Lieberman's remarks could also cloud the latest visit by Washington's Mideast envoy, who is mediating between the two sides. George Mitchell is due to hold another round of indirect talks with Israelis and Palestinians beginning Tuesday.
Palestinian Authority spokesman Ghassan Khatib said Lieberman's comments are a challenge to international efforts.
A spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu refused to comment.