- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Israeli foreign minister: No Palestinian state by 2012
JERUSALEM -- Israel's foreign minister said there is "no chance" a Palestinian state will be established by 2012.
Avigdor Lieberman's comments Tuesday caused consternation among Palestinians and conflicts with a goal set out by international Mideast negotiators, who want a statehood deal by then.
Lieberman's remarks could also cloud the latest visit by Washington's Mideast envoy, who is mediating between the two sides. George Mitchell is due to hold another round of indirect talks with Israelis and Palestinians beginning Tuesday.
Palestinian Authority spokesman Ghassan Khatib said Lieberman's comments are a challenge to international efforts.
A spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu refused to comment.