- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Israeli foreign minister: No Palestinian state by 2012
JERUSALEM -- Israel's foreign minister said there is "no chance" a Palestinian state will be established by 2012.
Avigdor Lieberman's comments Tuesday caused consternation among Palestinians and conflicts with a goal set out by international Mideast negotiators, who want a statehood deal by then.
Lieberman's remarks could also cloud the latest visit by Washington's Mideast envoy, who is mediating between the two sides. George Mitchell is due to hold another round of indirect talks with Israelis and Palestinians beginning Tuesday.
Palestinian Authority spokesman Ghassan Khatib said Lieberman's comments are a challenge to international efforts.
A spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu refused to comment.