- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
2 N.Y. schools, 19 sets of twins
BALDWINSVILLE, N.Y. -- People attending graduation ceremonies at a pair of upstate New York high schools might have thought they were seeing double.
Twelve sets of twins graduated from Baker High School in Baldwinsville on Sunday, the same day seven sets of twins received their diplomas during ceremonies at nearby Jamesville-DeWitt High School in the Syracuse area.
Representatives from Guinness World Records say Baker High's graduating class with 12 sets of twins breaks the previous record of 10, set by a Massachusetts high school in 2007.
Principal Joseph DeBarbieri, himself a twin, says four of his school's 12 sets of twins plan to attend the same college as their sibling.