- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Ironman Kansas 70.3
Several local athletes from Cape Girardeau and Jackson competed in an Ironman 70.3 series event in Lawrence, KS on June 6, 2010.
From left to right: Delbert Marriot; Alan Shearon, Josh Lester, Charles Pancoast, Taylor Vaughn, Brigitte Kinnaman
1.2 mile swim + 56 mile bike + 13.1 mile run = 70.3 miles total.
This event is an ultimate test of ones endurance and each athlete dedicated many hours of training in preparing to compete in this event. Professional such as Chrissie Wellington (winner of the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii); Chris Leito, Andy Potts, Pip Taylor, to name a few.
For results and more information, please visit: www.ironmankansas.com