- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Ironman Kansas 70.3
Several local athletes from Cape Girardeau and Jackson competed in an Ironman 70.3 series event in Lawrence, KS on June 6, 2010.
From left to right: Delbert Marriot; Alan Shearon, Josh Lester, Charles Pancoast, Taylor Vaughn, Brigitte Kinnaman
1.2 mile swim + 56 mile bike + 13.1 mile run = 70.3 miles total.
This event is an ultimate test of ones endurance and each athlete dedicated many hours of training in preparing to compete in this event. Professional such as Chrissie Wellington (winner of the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii); Chris Leito, Andy Potts, Pip Taylor, to name a few.
For results and more information, please visit: www.ironmankansas.com