- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Armella Rose Henley, 92, of Chaffee died Sunday, June 27, 2010, at her home.
She was born June 12, 1918, at New Hamburg, Mo., daughter of Andrew and Josephine Scherer Hahn. She was first married to Lynn Vanus Jones in 1938. She then married William F. "Major Vickory" Henley on Oct. 3, 1942. He died May 10, 1967.
Armella worked at Thorngate Ltd. in Chaffee 46 years, retiring as a machine operator. She was a member of Ladies Auxiliary of Chaffee VFW Post 3127.
Survivors include two daughters, Linda (Ray) Dowd of Chaffee, Brenda (Ray) Bryant of Hannibal, Mo.; three grandsons; two granddaughters; nine great-grandchildren; a great-great-grandchild; and three special nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a son, a daughter, three brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating. Burial will be in Fairmont Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.