- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
VERO BEACH, Fla. -- Mary K. Oliver, 73, of Vero Beach, former longtime resident of Granite City, Ill., died Friday, June 25, 2010, at Palm Garden Nursing Home in Vero Beach.
She was born Sept. 26, 1936, in Graham, Ky., to the late Lewis and Nina Littlefield Oliver.
Survivors include seven nieces and spouses, Joyce and Darryl Chapman, Peggy and James Smith, Wanda and Charlie Polley, Barbara Rushing, Donna Hopkins, Gloria Peacock, JoAnn and Earl Rushing; three nephews, Danny Rushing, David Rushing, and Terry and his wife Rose Atkins.
Besides her parents, she was preceded in death by five sisters, Clara Rushing, Jean Hicks, Emma Garris, LouBell Mahurin, Myrtle Gauderault; and two brothers, Logan and Lorenza Oliver.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Wojstrom Funeral Home and Crematory in Granite City.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Sunset Hills Memorial Estates in Glen Carbon, Ill.
Online information and guest book may be found at www.wojstrom.com.