- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Tommy Sowers Puts His Boots on the Ground Again
This July, Tommy Sowers will be continuing a project he began in January: Boots on the Ground.
Earlier this year, Tommy and his dog Chuck traveled around the twenty-eight counties of Missouri's Eighth District, spending a day and a night in each. Tommy also conducted "workdays", working side-by-side with residents of many of the counties: he was a teacher in one, a bartender in another and a chicken-fryer in another.
Sowers will be packing the truck and putting his boots on the ground again in July, spending a day in each of the twenty-eight counties of Missouri's Eighth. In addition to meetings with voters and more workdays, Sowers will be conducting Town Halls to discuss voter concerns and to answer their questions.
Said Sowers Campaign Manager Jonathan Feifs, "Boots on the Ground wasn't just a one-time event for Tommy, it's a guiding principle of his entire campaign. He's going to be out on the road in the as much as possible between now and Election Day. The call for new blood in Washington is resonating with the people of the district and our campaign is building a formidable organization to win in November."
Sowers, an 11-year Army Special Forces veteran, is running for Congress against incumbent Jo Ann Emerson, a former insurance lobbyist from Washington, DC. Tommy Sowers is the Democratic candidate for Missouri's 8th Congressional district and does not face opposition in the primary. Emerson will face a Republican primary challenger, cattle rancher Bob Parker, in August.
The county schedule for Sowers in the 8th District is as follows:
3 St Francois
12 New Madrid