- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Tommy Sowers Puts His Boots on the Ground Again
This July, Tommy Sowers will be continuing a project he began in January: Boots on the Ground.
Earlier this year, Tommy and his dog Chuck traveled around the twenty-eight counties of Missouri's Eighth District, spending a day and a night in each. Tommy also conducted "workdays", working side-by-side with residents of many of the counties: he was a teacher in one, a bartender in another and a chicken-fryer in another.
Sowers will be packing the truck and putting his boots on the ground again in July, spending a day in each of the twenty-eight counties of Missouri's Eighth. In addition to meetings with voters and more workdays, Sowers will be conducting Town Halls to discuss voter concerns and to answer their questions.
Said Sowers Campaign Manager Jonathan Feifs, "Boots on the Ground wasn't just a one-time event for Tommy, it's a guiding principle of his entire campaign. He's going to be out on the road in the as much as possible between now and Election Day. The call for new blood in Washington is resonating with the people of the district and our campaign is building a formidable organization to win in November."
Sowers, an 11-year Army Special Forces veteran, is running for Congress against incumbent Jo Ann Emerson, a former insurance lobbyist from Washington, DC. Tommy Sowers is the Democratic candidate for Missouri's 8th Congressional district and does not face opposition in the primary. Emerson will face a Republican primary challenger, cattle rancher Bob Parker, in August.
The county schedule for Sowers in the 8th District is as follows:
3 St Francois
12 New Madrid