- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Jackson Jr. Legion sweeps Perryville
The Jackson Junior Legion baseball team scored 31 runs Sunday in a doubleheader sweep of visiting Perryville Junior Legion.
Jackson edged Perryville 16-15 in the opener, then rolled to a 15-1 win in five innings.
Joe Koenig pitched 6 1/3 innings to collect the win in the opener. He struck out six and allowed 12 hits.
Steven Eddy, 3 for 4, and Caleb Rowald, 3 for 5, led Jackson's 15-hit attack.
Clay Macke belted a grand slam in the second game. Macke went 2 for 2 and Trevor Jaco went 3 for 4 as Jackson had 11 hits overall.
Winning pitcher Brian Sherrill allowed one hit in four innings. He struck out three.
-- From staff report