- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Elbert F. "Al" Crawford, 73, of Perryville died Friday, June 25, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born in East Prairie, Mo., on Oct. 27, 1936, son of the late Louie W. and Earslene F. Warren Crawford. He and Margie Barks Crawford were married Dec. 13, 1952.
Survivors include his wife, Margie; two sons, Randy Crawford of Pisa, Italy, and Scott Crawford of Apache Junction, Ariz.; two sisters, Carol Hoffman of Las Cruces, N.M., Nancy (Tom) Carter of Prescott, Ariz.; two half-brothers, James Crawford of Casa Grande, Ariz., Mark Crawford of Elmore, Ala.; two granddaughters, Rebekah and Tascha; and two great-grandsons, Sevohn and Austin.
He was preceded in death by his parents; an infant brother, Marvin Crawford; a son, Kevin Dean Crawford; and a grandson, Joel Crawford.
Mr. Crawford had been the owner and operator of a heavy equipment company in Casa Grande, Ariz., and he restored antique cars and tractors. He was later a livestock farmer in Perryville. He was also a member of American Legion Post 133. He was a U.S. Army veteran and an avid race car enthusiast.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 a.m. until time of service Tuesday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donald Blaylock officiating.
Burial will be in the Cape Girardeau County Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau, with military burial rites by the American Legion Post 133 and Missouri Delta Team.
Memorials are preferred to the Humane Society.