- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Matthew "Woody" Ervin, 44, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 26, 2010, in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 4, 1965, in Cape Girardeau to Ronald C. and Karen "Buckie" Kaufman Ervin.
Matt graduated from Cape Girardeau Central High School in 1983. He was a member of IBEW Local 1 of St. Louis. He was of the Methodist faith.
Matt was a fun-loving person who was loved and will be missed by many.
He is survived by his mother, Karen "Buckie" Ervin and her fiance Roger Felty of Cape Girardeau; his father, Ronald C. Ervin of Cape Girardeau; a girlfriend, Candice Shelby; two aunts, Bobbie Pierce of Cape Girardeau and Lois Hahs of Kansas City, Mo.; several cousins, Johnny Vavak, Jamie Pierce, Rhett Pierce, Sheree Volkering, Tonya Penfield, Buddy Hahs, Dale Hahs, Gary Hinkle, Ricky Hinkle and Randy Hinkle; two half sisters, Jodi and Lisa Ervin; and a half brother, Sam Ervin.
A memorial service in celebration of Matt's life will be held at a later date.
Crain Funeral Home, 829 N. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau, is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to Teen Challenge and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.