- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
People on the move 6/28/10
Landess named director of physician practices
Saint Francis Medical Center has appointed Teresa Landess as director of physician practices. Landess is responsible for fostering, developing and facilitating the improvement of Saint Francis' physician practices. She will work with the vice president of medical affairs and physician recruiter in coordinating recruitment and retention efforts for the medical center.
SEMO professor receives grant for nano-biotech research
Dr. Santaneel Ghosh, assistant professor of physics at Southeast Missouri State University, has been awarded a two-year Cottrell College Science Award to conduct nano-biotechnology research. The $35,000 grant from the Research Corp. for Science Advancement will allow Ghosh to investigate the feasibility of using specially designed nano-robots to enhance axon growth after a nervous system injury. Axons are a part of a nerve cell through which impulses travel away from a cell body. Southeast students will participate in the project and will be involved in significant research in the area of nano-materials, nano-biotechnology and neuroscience.
Caruso earns neonatology board certification
Southeast Missouri Hospital neonatologist Dr. Paul A. Caruso has earned board certification in neonatology from the American Board of Pediatrics. He is certified in pediatrics as well. Caruso received his MD in 1994 from the St. Louis University School of Medicine. He completed a pediatrics internship and residency at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center in St. Louis. He also completed a neonatal-perinatal medicine fellowship at the University of California-Davis.
Hibbett sports manager recognized at annual meeting
Cape Girardeau Hibbett Sports manager Nole Curry was awarded the $300,000 Increase Award at this year's annual Hibbett Sports managers' meeting in April at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex in Birmingham, Ala. Curry has been with Hibbett Sports for almost two years. The award honors Hibbett Sports stores that have accumulated sales dollar increases of $300,000 or more for the previous year. This year's Hibbett Sports manager's meeting hosted about 500 people from both the stores and the corporate office.
Elite Travel's Thompson completes training
Shannon Thompson, a certified destination wedding and honeymoon consultant for Elite Travel Inc., 354 S. Silver Springs Road, Suite C, in Cape Girardeau, recently completed training from Apple Vacations Agent Academy. Thompson was awarded the distinction of Vacation Specialist. Elite Travel Inc. was founded in 1992 and has been awarded the Funjet Vacations 500 Club award 13 years in a row.
People on the Move items must be received by 2 p.m. Thursday to appear Monday. Submit items by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 334-7288 or by mail to P.O. Box 699, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702.