- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sylvia "Bea" Jordon, age 67, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, June 25, 2010 at home.
She was born Nov. 5, 1942, in Glenallen, Mo. Her parents were James R. and Hazel Lois Stize Moore. She and Albert Jordan were married March 28, 1969.
Bea worked as a geriatric sitter and she loved flowers and wind chimes.
She is survived by her husband, Albert Jordon; a son, Jim Crites (Rick Hartle) of Jackson; one daughter, Shelley (James) Peikert of Des Arc, Mo.; four granddaughters, Tyla Newman of Cape Girardeau, Shawna Peikert of Des Arc, Emily Hartle of Marble Hill, Mo., Sarah Hamm of Scopus, Mo.; a grandson, Levi Peikert of Des Arc; two great-granddaughters, Ronnie Hamm of Scopus, Layla Shepherd of Cape Girardeau; two great-grandsons, Caleb Hartle of Marble Hill, Shawn Hamm of Scopus; and a sister, Shirley (Allen) Houston of Marble Hill.
She was preceded in death by her parents and sister, Blondie Elfrink.
Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home, 829 N. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau.
Funeral services for Sylvia (Bea) Jordon will be at 11 a.m. at Crain Funeral Home, with the Rev. Rodger Keipe officiating.
Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. at Trace Creek Cemetery at Glenallen.
Memorials may be made to New Trace Creek Cemetery of Glenallen.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.