- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Marguerite A. Spence, 94, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, June 22, 2010, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Jan. 22, 1916, in Evansville, Ind., to John and Mary Rebecca McMillian Davis. Marguerite married Ted Rubel, who preceded her in death in 1974. She then married Earl Spence, who preceded her in death in 1984.
She was a member of Grace United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Rebecca (Otto) Goehman of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren, Matthew (Robin) Goehman and Jacqueline Qualls of Cape Girardeau; six great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and three sisters.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at Lorimier Cemetery, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.