- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Berneal Elizabeth Carroll, 94, of Oran died Friday, June 25, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 6, 1916, in Oran, daughter of Leo Anthony and Pauline Lucille Metz Heisserer. She and Ben F. Carroll Jr. were married Oct. 8, 1950. He died June 29, 1990.
Berneal was a member at St. Mary Cathedral Parish in Cape Girardeau. She worked at Scott County Health Department as a registered nurse and retired in 1981. She was a former member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, St. Ann Sodality, American Nurses Association, Missouri Nurses Association, Oran Senior Club, Study Club of Morley, Mo., and member of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.
Survivors include several nieces and nephews: Dr. C. J. (Marlene) Mellies of Rockford, Ill., Dr. Margot Mellies of Tryon, N.C., Skip (Patty) Heisserer of Cape Girardeau, Mike Heisserer and Mark Heisserer, both of Chaffee, Mo., Paula (Dennis) Calvert of Highland, Ill., John (Jerrie) Heisserer of Cape Girardeau, Danny (Tanya) Heisserer of Valrico, Fla., and Becky Heisserer of Memphis, Tenn.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; two sisters, Elsa Job and Elva Mellies; two brothers, Emory Heisserer and G.A. "Bud" Heisserer.
Visitation will be after 5 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran, with rosary to follow at 7 p.m.
The Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Guardian Angel Catholic Church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating, Monsignor Richard Rolwing and the Rev. Randy Tochtrop assisting. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Catholic Cemetery in Oran.