- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Thanks for help with Stoogefest and for supporting local musicians
We would like to thank the Southeast Missourian for its coverage of the second annual Stoogefest. Carrie Bartholomew, Renda Eggimann and Chris Harris did a great job of covering the event.
We would also like to acknowledge the other people who gave their support without which we could never have pulled off this festival.
In no particular order, these people made it all possible: Nu-Way, Dutch Enterprises, Chuck Telle Bail Bonds, Bluff City Beer, McDowell South RV Sales, Promotional Advertising Consultants, Pepsi Midamerica, Crites Farms/Chug's Auction service, J-Jam productions, Wayne Hanselman, Cook's BBQ and Stooges employees, family and friends.
Thanks so much for everyone's overwhelming support. Over 400 people came out to enjoy the music, and we will definitely do it again next year.
Thanks again for supporting local musicians and giving them an ear. They appreciate it more than you can know.
TED CLARK and JEFF STEVENS, Jackson