- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Rep. Swan opposes effort to fire education commissioner (11/20/17)2
Thanks for help with Stoogefest and for supporting local musicians
We would like to thank the Southeast Missourian for its coverage of the second annual Stoogefest. Carrie Bartholomew, Renda Eggimann and Chris Harris did a great job of covering the event.
We would also like to acknowledge the other people who gave their support without which we could never have pulled off this festival.
In no particular order, these people made it all possible: Nu-Way, Dutch Enterprises, Chuck Telle Bail Bonds, Bluff City Beer, McDowell South RV Sales, Promotional Advertising Consultants, Pepsi Midamerica, Crites Farms/Chug's Auction service, J-Jam productions, Wayne Hanselman, Cook's BBQ and Stooges employees, family and friends.
Thanks so much for everyone's overwhelming support. Over 400 people came out to enjoy the music, and we will definitely do it again next year.
Thanks again for supporting local musicians and giving them an ear. They appreciate it more than you can know.
TED CLARK and JEFF STEVENS, Jackson