- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- Oran police chief spanked boy; MSHP filed assault report; no charges followed (8/9/18)11
- Highway patrol finds missing video sought by defense in Sikeston murder case (8/11/18)1
- A new sheriff in town: Ruth Ann Dickerson takes over in interim role (8/14/18)1
- Cape County voters pick Welker, Miller, Tracy, Hovis in Tuesday primaries (8/8/18)
- SEMO native gets Bootheel clicking (8/9/18)
- Missouri voters reject law banning compulsory union fees (8/8/18)19
- Prop A draws 'no' votes from area Republicans (8/13/18)17
- Police: Stalking claim at Jackson park deemed misunderstood prank (8/14/18)
- Decoration for Education: Teachers personalize education space for students (8/11/18)
I want my War Refund
Our nation is hamstrung with a public debt of over $12 trillion. It is time to stop paying lip service to cutting federal spending and start making the necessary cuts before hyperinflation, massive tax hikes and/or indentured servitude to China becomes reality.
Social Security and Medicaid are popular, political sacred cows that neither party will touch. A majority of Americans do not support the expensive (over $1 trillion and counting) wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is a logical place to start.
I propose not only ending the wars, but to also refund the costs ($3,335 per person) back to the American people -- the War Refund. In Congress, a similar idea went mainstream on May 23 when The War Is Making You Poor Act was introduced by Rep. Alan Grayson and co-sponsored by Rep. Ron Paul.
I want my War Refund.
Visit WarRefund.com for more details.
RICK VANDEVEN, 724 Helen Ave., Chaffee, MO 63740