- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- Oran police chief spanked boy; MSHP filed assault report; no charges followed (8/9/18)11
- Highway patrol finds missing video sought by defense in Sikeston murder case (8/11/18)1
- A new sheriff in town: Ruth Ann Dickerson takes over in interim role (8/14/18)1
- SEMO native gets Bootheel clicking (8/9/18)
- Prop A draws 'no' votes from area Republicans (8/13/18)17
- Police: Stalking claim at Jackson park deemed misunderstood prank (8/14/18)
- 34 sick from Perry County salmonella outbreak (8/14/18)1
- Decoration for Education: Teachers personalize education space for students (8/11/18)
- Cape city looks to auction metal detector, soda machine and other items at former police station (8/10/18)
Stop spending and bailouts
Let's discuss possible future opponents. Independent and conservative Republican voters, due to Missouri's open primary system, will make a major decision about the direction of the Republican party on Aug. 3.
Republican Bob Parker, a farmer and businessman operating in the 8th District for 33 years, is working hard to replace 13-year incumbent Jo Ann Emerson. Bob wants to follow the Constitution and stop unnecessary spending and bailouts in Washington.
As a disgruntled former Republican, I was disappointed by the Bush administration. The Republican Party controlled the Senate, House and presidency, yet incumbent Republicans refused to control spending. Allowing these same actors, like Emerson, to go back would be a mistake. Bob's presence in Congress might force fellow legislators to actually follow the Republican platform.
Bob is holding a rally Saturday, June 26, near Cape's River Campus at noon. I will listen to what he has to say. Please attend. Vote Aug. 3.
LARRY BILL, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755