- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Evelyn Grace Reddick, 90, of Sacramento, Calif., died Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2010, in Sacramento.
She was born Aug. 29, 1919, in Festus, Mo., daughter to William Bertram and Mary Evans Gamel. Evelyn was married to Dr. Harvey Reddick. He preceded her in death.
Evelyn attended Festus High School and graduated from Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau. She taught mathematics at high schools in Missouri, Illinois and Michigan before moving to Sacramento in 1954.
Survivors include a son, Dr. Robert Reddick of San Pedro, Calif.; a daughter, Dr. Mary Reddick of Sacramento; a sister, Mrs. Elizabeth McClary of Jackson; and several nieces and nephews.
A graveside service will be held Friday at 11 a.m. at Gamel Cemetery in Festus.
Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home of Jackson is in charge of arrangements.