- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson man one of three bondsmen accused of abusing suspect
FESTUS, Mo. (AP) -- Authorities are accusing three Missouri bail bondsmen of picking up a man who skipped out on bail, then wiping pepper spray on his genitals.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Sean Baker of Festus, Kevin Ritrovato of Arnold and Shawn Boyer of Jackson are charged with felony restraint and misdemeanor assault. All three work for F&N Bail Bonds in Festus.
The owner of the bonding company and her attorney declined comment. An attorney for Baker said the allegations were from a "less than credible" source.
Authorities say the bondsmen picked up a man on June 5 in St. Louis for a probation violation and jumping bail on a Jefferson County theft charge. He owed the bondsmen $225.
Authorities allege the bondsmen handcuffed the man and rubbed pepper spray under his eyes and onto his genitals.