- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Clara Jean Henderson, 64, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 19, 2010, at her home.
She was born Oct. 2, 1945, in Cape Girardeau, to Ralph and Bobbie Williams King. She married Bob Anderson, who preceded her in death.
Clara was a hairdresser and also worked in the restaurant business most of her life. She was of the Baptist belief and spent her entire life in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two sons, Scott and Terry Penny of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Phyllis Smith of Cape Girardeau, Lee Anderson of Olive Branch, Ill.; a grandchild, Bailee Penny; and her ex-husband, Floyd Penny.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a son.
The funeral was held Tuesday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home, with the Rev. Bill Kitchen officiating. Burial was in Cape County Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.