- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Speak Out 6/23/10
Leaving the show
I attended the air festival Saturday with my family. I greatly enjoyed the entire festival: planes, food, atmosphere, friendly volunteers and especially the Blue Angels. I would, however, suggest drastic changes for the shuttle departures following the event. There was no direction until a Cape Girardeau police officer started giving much needed instructions. Thank you to this officer for trying to help us. Moments later another police officer began giving opposite instructions. As the crowd grew, everyone, including my family, grew impatient. The air festival staff needs dramatic changes, including people to answer questions instead of forcing the job on the unprepared police.
I see that some counterfeit money is going around. All the money I spend I receive from my bank. Is all the money doled out at banks guaranteed to not be counterfeit?
Protect and defend
THE most important job of our federal government is to protect and defend. The BP oil spill was the fault of BP, and it has the responsibility to contain the spill. When it failed, it became the responsibility of the federal government. The government was slow to respond. Other countries offered to help but were turned away. Our government failed us miserably.
I cannot believe that the National Weather Service issued a heat advisory, but the air show didn't allow people to bring in water. Way to go, Cape Girardeau.