- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Cigarette butt, DNA help police crack case on 2013 Cape copper heist (7/17/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Navy SEALs endorse Peter Kinder for governor (7/17/16)10
Speak Out 6/23/10
Leaving the show
I attended the air festival Saturday with my family. I greatly enjoyed the entire festival: planes, food, atmosphere, friendly volunteers and especially the Blue Angels. I would, however, suggest drastic changes for the shuttle departures following the event. There was no direction until a Cape Girardeau police officer started giving much needed instructions. Thank you to this officer for trying to help us. Moments later another police officer began giving opposite instructions. As the crowd grew, everyone, including my family, grew impatient. The air festival staff needs dramatic changes, including people to answer questions instead of forcing the job on the unprepared police.
I see that some counterfeit money is going around. All the money I spend I receive from my bank. Is all the money doled out at banks guaranteed to not be counterfeit?
Protect and defend
THE most important job of our federal government is to protect and defend. The BP oil spill was the fault of BP, and it has the responsibility to contain the spill. When it failed, it became the responsibility of the federal government. The government was slow to respond. Other countries offered to help but were turned away. Our government failed us miserably.
I cannot believe that the National Weather Service issued a heat advisory, but the air show didn't allow people to bring in water. Way to go, Cape Girardeau.