- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Stoddard County man pleads guilty to manslaughter charge stemming from fatal crash
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- A Dexter, Mo., man pleaded guilty Monday to one felony charge involuntary manslaughter for an all-terrain vehicle wreck that killed a Ronald P. Craver, 41, of Bernie, Mo., last year near Bernie.
According to Stoddard County Prosecuting Attorney Briney Welborn, Michael Norman appeared for a hearing Monday morning and pleaded guilty.
The crime was upgraded due to Norman's status as a prior and persistent offender. He is scheduled to appear Aug. 4 for sentencing.
Norman remains in the Stoddard County Jail.