- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Melva Rosalina Eggimann, 85, formerly of Chaffee, Mo., passed away Sunday, June 20, 2010, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau. She was also known as Rosalina.
She was born Sept. 19, 1924, in Oak Ridge, to Walter and Artie L. Maintz Eggimann.
She was baptized in 1924 in Oak Ridge and confirmed in 1937 at Zion Lutheran Church in Gordonville, where she was a lifelong member.
Melva did custom sewing in her home prior to her residency at the Lutheran Home in 2007.
She is survived by seven cousins, Vernon (Marilyn) Eggimann, Earl (Marlene) Saupe, Loretta (Orville) Fluegge, all of Jackson, Weldon (Shirley) Eggimann, Jerry (Linda) Eggimann, Verna (Dean) Veale, all of Advance, Mo., and Donna Johnson of Florida.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a cousin, Delmar Eggimann.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson and from 9 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Zion Lutheran Church in Gordonville.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Rev. Wayne Schwiesow officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Vernon Eggimann, Weldon Eggimann, Jerry Eggimann, Brent Eggimann, Earl Saupe and Orville Fluegge.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to Zion Lutheran Church or the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.