- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Virginia Boren, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, June 21, 2010, at her home.
She was born Nov. 21, 1928, in Cape Girardeau, to Erhardt and Edna Griffin Kain. She and Leo Boren were married Dec. 31, 1948, in Cape Girardeau.
Boren was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church, its Ladies Aid, and sang in the church choir. She also sang with The Cape Choraliers and The Mamanettes.
Survivors include her husband, Leo Boren of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Vicki Boren of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Lee Boren and wife Lyris of Chesterfield, Mo., Doug Boren and wife Cathy of Jackson; four grandchildren, Bryan, Lance, Victoria Jo and Daniel Boren; two brothers and four sisters.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Trinity Lutheran Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Rev. Douglas C. Breite officiating. Burial will be in Hanover Church Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be given to Trinity Lutheran School.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.