- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Bertha Moallankamp, 91, of Mound City passed away Thursday, June 17, 2010, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
She was born Oct. 19, 1918, in Lovelaceville, Ky., daughter of the late Louis Edward and Frussie McGowan Fiessinger. She and Fred Moallankamp were married Aug. 31, 1946, in Mound City.
She was preceded in death by her parents; four sisters, Glena, Evelyn, Dorothy, and Anna Neal; and two brothers, Everette "Pete" and Aubrey Fiessinger.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Randy Moallankamp of Pulaski, Ill.; a grandson, Brent Alan Moallankamp; several nieces and nephews.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to noon Monday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill.
Graveside service will be at 12:30 p.m. Monday at Mound City National Cemetery.