- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JoAnn Jennings, 48, of Fremont, Iowa, formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, June 12, 2010, at Knoxville Hospital in Knoxville, Iowa.
She was born April 26, 1962, in Fort Ord, Calif., to Joseph and Elaine Gunderman Jennings.
Jennings attended Advance High School in Advance, Mo. She furthered her education with two years of respiratory therapy training at Cape Girardeau Vocational and Technical School. After earning her certified respiratory therapist technician certificate, she went to work at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She later moved to Pensacola, Fla., and worked as a certified respiratory therapist technician at West Florida Hospital 23 years. Illness forced her retirement in November 2007.
She moved to Fremont to be closer to her family in May. She loved cats, sprint car racing and professional football, especially the Dallas Cowboys. She also enjoyed watching the L.A. Lakers, and listening to music, especially Pink Floyd.
Survivors include a son, Joseph Jennings; a daughter, Shana Jennings, both of Oskaloosa, Iowa; her mother, Elaine Jennings-Jones of Oskaloosa; a sister, Yvonne "Gabby" (Rob) Evans of Fremont; and a brother, Glen (Anita) Jennings of Colorado Springs, Colo.
She was preceded in death by her father and stepfather, Jim Jones.
Graveside service will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Lorimier Cemetery.
Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau is in charge of arrangements.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.