- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Russell R. Schaefer, 84, of Marble Hill died Wednesday, June 16, 2010, at Woodland Hills in Marble Hill.
He was born Nov. 16, 1925, in St. Louis, son of George and Lucille Bell Schaefer.
Russell was a factory worker at Benjamin Moore in St. Louis.
He served with the U.S. Army during World War II.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to service time Monday at Hahn Chapel Church in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Monday at the church, with Gerald Huff officiating. Missouri military honors will follow. Private burial will be Tuesday in St. Marcus Cemetery in St. Louis.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.