- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
United Way launches school supply campaign
Small school buses will be stationed in Jackson and Cape Girardeau starting Monday. The United Way of Southeast Missouri is launching a campaign to collect supplies like folders, pencils and backpacks for low-income families.
The campaign's goal is to collect enough supplies to fill 1,200 backpacks, according to a news release from the United Way.
Local donation sites will be at Schnucks and Kmart in Cape Girardeau and Country Mart in Jackson. There will also be workplace collection sites. To participate or give money donations, contact the United Way at 334-9634. A $10 donation provides one backpack full of supplies.
Donations will be given to the Salvation Army's annual back-to-school drive and the Scott City and Jackson school districts.
430A Broadway Cape Girardeau, MO