- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Speak Out 6/18/10
Point of view
PRE-BP oil spill point of view: "Keep the government out of our lives." Post-BP oil spill Republican point of view: "The government must take complete control."
Handing out justice
SO how is it a judge will let a person off with probation after he tried to kill his wife so he will be able to work in our society? But when you are late on your child support, you are convicted of a felony which keeps you from getting a lot of jobs and you can't pay your child support. I'd rather work with a person who is behind in child support than work with a person who tried to kill someone. Does anyone else see a problem with our judicial system?
THE water park is great, but why did we spend money on lights if it is going to close at 7 p.m.?
Now an ice rink
THE new Cape Splash is great. But even though it's refreshing, I don't want my children out there too long because of sun risk. If the city really wants to make this an A-plus town, the next project should be an ice-skating rink. Talk about a great day: morning at the water park, afternoon at the ice rink. We'd have the most fit children in the state.