- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Speak Out 6/18/10
Point of view
PRE-BP oil spill point of view: "Keep the government out of our lives." Post-BP oil spill Republican point of view: "The government must take complete control."
Handing out justice
SO how is it a judge will let a person off with probation after he tried to kill his wife so he will be able to work in our society? But when you are late on your child support, you are convicted of a felony which keeps you from getting a lot of jobs and you can't pay your child support. I'd rather work with a person who is behind in child support than work with a person who tried to kill someone. Does anyone else see a problem with our judicial system?
THE water park is great, but why did we spend money on lights if it is going to close at 7 p.m.?
Now an ice rink
THE new Cape Splash is great. But even though it's refreshing, I don't want my children out there too long because of sun risk. If the city really wants to make this an A-plus town, the next project should be an ice-skating rink. Talk about a great day: morning at the water park, afternoon at the ice rink. We'd have the most fit children in the state.