- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)8
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
U.N.: Israel dismantles some checkpoints
JERUSALEM -- A senior U.N. official said Israel has dismantled 20 percent of its West Bank checkpoints in the past year.
Philippe Lazzarini, head of the U.N. humanitarian affairs office in Jerusalem, said Israel has removed 121 checkpoints, but 505 checkpoints and dozens of road obstacles still hinder Palestinian travel.
Israel has said it has removed dozens of roadblocks.
Lazzarini said Wednesday that Israeli officials were also limiting Palestinian access to lands in the Jordan River valley and to farmlands cut off by Israel's separation barrier.