- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
U.N.: Israel dismantles some checkpoints
JERUSALEM -- A senior U.N. official said Israel has dismantled 20 percent of its West Bank checkpoints in the past year.
Philippe Lazzarini, head of the U.N. humanitarian affairs office in Jerusalem, said Israel has removed 121 checkpoints, but 505 checkpoints and dozens of road obstacles still hinder Palestinian travel.
Israel has said it has removed dozens of roadblocks.
Lazzarini said Wednesday that Israeli officials were also limiting Palestinian access to lands in the Jordan River valley and to farmlands cut off by Israel's separation barrier.