- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Cigarette butt, DNA help police crack case on 2013 Cape copper heist (7/17/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Navy SEALs endorse Peter Kinder for governor (7/17/16)10
U.N.: Israel dismantles some checkpoints
JERUSALEM -- A senior U.N. official said Israel has dismantled 20 percent of its West Bank checkpoints in the past year.
Philippe Lazzarini, head of the U.N. humanitarian affairs office in Jerusalem, said Israel has removed 121 checkpoints, but 505 checkpoints and dozens of road obstacles still hinder Palestinian travel.
Israel has said it has removed dozens of roadblocks.
Lazzarini said Wednesday that Israeli officials were also limiting Palestinian access to lands in the Jordan River valley and to farmlands cut off by Israel's separation barrier.