* The Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals group is accepting applications for the 2010 scholarship program, which will award three $500 scholarships for the upcoming academic year. Students from Southeast Missouri State University, Mineral Area College, Three Rivers Community College, Murray State University in Murray, Ky., and Southern Illinois University in Carbondale are eligible to apply. Applicants must be pursuing a degree in marketing, advertising, public relations, mass communications, graphic design, radio/television production or a related field and have at least a 3.0 grade point average. The deadline to apply is July 1. Applications are available at www.tristateamp.com.
* David Gholson of Jackson received the Southeast Missouri District Fair Foundation Educational Scholarship Award.
* Meghan Foley, a student at Kelly Elementary School, was nominated to attend the Junior National Young Leaders Conference this summer in Washington, D.C.
n Theodore V. Towner of Cape Girardeau graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor of arts in philosophy and was also named to the spring semester dean's list at Beloit College in Beloit, Wis.
* David Berry was named to the spring semester dean's list at Westminster College in Fulton, Mo., and made the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference All-Academic Team for men's tennis.
* Erika Reinagel of Kelso, Mo., and Thomas McGowan of Cape Girardeau were named to the spring semester dean's list at Central Methodist University in Fayette, Mo.
* Paige Foley and Chase Tobin of Cape Girardeau graduated summa cum laude with degrees from Baylor University in Waco, Texas. Foley received a bachelor of fine arts in studio art and Tobin received a bachelor of science in exercise physiology.
* Christopher Daniel of Cape Girardeau received a master of business administration from the University of Mississippi in Oxford, Miss.
* Chris Fischer and Lindsey Ann Schumer of Perryville, Mo., were named to the spring semester dean's list at the University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg, Mo.
* Charles Delph of Jackson was named to the spring term honor roll at Oklahoma Christian University in Oklahoma City.
* Amanda Wozniak of Cape Girardeau received a doctor of pharmacy degree from Midwestern University in Glendale, Ariz. Wozniak graduated from Notre Dame Regional High School in 2003 and received a degree in chemistry from Southeast Missouri State University in 2007. After graduation, Wozniak will work for Walgreens as a staff pharmacist in Chandler, Ariz.
-- From staff reports