- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
Thanks for Buddy Poppy help
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3838 wishes to thank all Buddy Poppy workers and the community for supporting the generous work done on May 28 and 29. This effort was outstanding support for veterans by your community. All funds collected will be used for veterans programs in our community.
The Buddy Poppy program has been used for many years to support our veterans. The Buddy Poppy Committee again thanks all the businesses that let us solicit, all the workers who spent their time working and the community for its generous support.
JOE CARROLL, Co-chairman, Buddy Poppy Committee, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3838, Cape Girardeau