- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)10
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
Up in the air
If you haven't already made plans to attend the Cape Girardeau Regional Air Festival this weekend, or if you haven't yet purchased advance tickets at a reduced price, there's still plenty of time.
This year's air show at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport is expected to be one of the biggest and best ever. Air show organizers expect crowds to be much larger than previous air shows.
If you have VIP tickets, you will find designated parking at the airport. Handicapped parking and motorcycle parking also will be available at the airport.
Others going to the air festival should use one of the four off-site parking areas: Central High School, Scott City High School and ABF Trucking and the Rhodes 101 Truck Stop, both on Nash Road. Free shuttles will be available starting at 8 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday.
The air festival gates will open at 9 a.m. on both days, with opening ceremonies starting at 11:30 a.m. This year's lineup, in addition to static displays and concessions, is one of the most impressive ever, capped by the first appearance in Cape Girardeau of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels since 1992.
More information is available at capeairfestival.com.