- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
At the top: Valedictorian Emma Shell, Eagle Ridge
Parents: William and Rebecca Shell
What is your most notable academic achievement? Having my writings published with the ACSI.
What is your favorite school activity and why? Track and field because nothing is better than running with my brother.
What is your favorite high school memory? Winning the 100-meter and 200-meter state records in our division.
Describe your favorite cafeteria food: I never ate the cafeteria food.
What's your school mascot? Eagle
If you could have a personal mascot, what would it be? Quarter horse
Complete this sentence: Without me, my teachers are likely to ... have fewer bonus points to give out.
Who is your favorite teacher and how did she inspire you to learn? Mrs. Blunt made math seem practical by explaining why we used certain processes and how it could relate to real life. She also took us out for ice cream!
Where do you plan to go to college and what will you study? I plan to attend Southwest Baptist University and study biology and secondary education.
What is the biggest challenge facing your generation? Moral decline
How do you hope to address it? By living a life of high standards and setting an example for all those who come in contact with me.
Sum up your high school experience in six words: Some wonderful times with unforgettable friends.