- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Joseph G. Chuck, 83, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Dongola, Ill., and Hammond, Ind., died Tuesday, June 15, 2010, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Crain Funeral Home in Dongola.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Charles Duckworth officiating. Burial will be in Meisenheimer Cemetery, with military honors by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 and Illinois National Guard Honor Unit.