- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Mary Helen Brunton
Mary Helen Brunton, 86, of Overland Park, Kan., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Monday, June 14, 2010, at the home of a daughter.
She was born Jan. 21, 1924, in Cape Girardeau, to Ferdinand Martin and Mary Dell Beasley Steimle. She married Dr. Del B. Brunton on June 24, 1944, in Detroit.
Survivors include her husband; three daughters, Judith K. Carter (James) of Overland Park, Dr. Janet B. Ruopp (Dr. Patrick) of Cape Girardeau, Jill B. Brunton of Overland Park; three grandchildren, Dr. Jodianne T. Carter of Overland Park, Brenton and Alyssa Ruopp of Cape Girardeau; and a great-grandson, Ethan Carter Ellis of Overland Park.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Geneva Steimle.
A graveside service will be at 10 a.m. today at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Rodger Kiepe presiding.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made to Abbey Road Christian Church of Cape Girardeau.