- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
John Blanken Jr.
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- John F. Blanken Jr., 68, died Monday, June 14, 2010, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau, after an extended illness.
He was born May 26, 1942, in Cape Girardeau, son of John F. and Audrey Mott Blanken.
He lived in Bollinger County, Mo., his entire life. John loved to garden and care for his animals. He was a unique individual who will be missed by those who knew him.
Survivors include a sister, Catherine Blanken of Cape Girardeau; an aunt, Hattie Walker of Jackson; and several cousins.
His parents preceded him in the early 1990s.
Inurnment of his ashes will be near his parents' remains in Hahn Chapel Cemetery at Marble Hill at a later date.
Hutchings Funeral Chapel handled the arrangements.