- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
McClure, Thebes, East Cape Girardeau under boil-water order
MCCLURE, Ill. -- Customers served by the McClure-East Cape Girardeau Water District in Southern Illinois are being advised to boil their water until further notice.
A boil-water order was issued after a leak was found in the system, which is operated by SouthWater of Dongola, said Heather McKinnie, secretary for the water district. McKinnie said SouthWater was working to fix the leak or may have already fixed it Tuesday afternoon.
After the leak is stopped, water samples must be sent off for testing, and results may not arrive for a few days, McKinnie said. The boil-water order will be in effect until the samples are tested and shown to be safe.
The district covers the towns of McClure, East Cape Girardeau and Thebes, and rural residents with McClure and Thebes mailing addresses.