- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- Southeast art students contribute mural to Stevie's Steakburger (7/9/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)33
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
Mary Helen Brunton, 86, of Overland Park, Kan., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Monday, June 14, 2010, at the home of a daughter.
She was born Jan. 21, 1924, in Cape Girardeau, to Ferdinand Martin and Mary Dell Beasley Steimle. She married Dr. Del B. Brunton on June 24, 1944, in Detroit.
Survivors include her husband; three daughters, Judith K. Carter (James) of Overland Park, Dr. Janet B. Ruopp (Dr. Patrick) of Cape Girardeau, Jill B. Brunton of Overland Park; three grandchildren, Dr. Jodianne T. Carter of Overland Park, Brenton and Alyssa Ruopp of Cape Girardeau; and a great-grandson, Ethan Carter Ellis of Overland Park.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Geneva Steimle.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Rodger Kiepe presiding.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made to Abbey Road Christian Church of Cape Girardeau.